SERVES 6 TO 8
PREP TIME: 5 minutes (not including time to
make Cream of Mushroom Soup)
ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
Olive oil spray
1 pound pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ yellow onion, diced
1½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15-ounce can,
rinsed and drained)
One 14- to 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed,
drained, and quartered if whole
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and black pepper to taste
Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups lightly crushed plain kettle-style potato chips,
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add the
onion and sauté until translucent. Add the chickpeas and artichokes and cook for about 5 minutes, using
your spatula to tear apart the artichokes as they cook. Add the thyme and garlic powder.
4. Use a potato masher to gently mash the chickpeas and artichokes until just slightly mashed with
chunks. Add the soup and pasta and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper.
5. Remove from the heat, transfer to the prepared baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the
potato chips over the top (if using) and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Leftovers will
keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
SERVES 6 TO 8