MAKES 12 BARS
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 80 minutes
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
½ cup peanut butter (or almond butter or nut
or seed butter of your choice)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons apple juice
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
2½ cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free if
¾ cup chopped dried fruit (cherries, apricots,
raisins, blueberries, apples, peach, and/or
½ cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans,
walnuts, cashews, pistachios, and/or
peanuts; see Variation)
½ cup sunflower (or pepitas/pumpkin
seeds, or mixture of both)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F . Line a 9 ×
13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine the dates, nut butter, apple
juice, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in a food
processor and process until smooth. Set
3. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds. Add the date mixture and stir until
combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and use a silicone spatula to flatten and smooth it.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden, then remove from the oven and let cool completely before
transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and use the parchment paper to lift the granola out of the baking dish.
Slice into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The bars will keep for 7 to 10 days.
To make these bars nut-free, use a seed butter and replace the nuts with more sunflower and/or
MAKES 12 BARS